Sunday, July 27, 2014

Anyone want a hot 750 2V motor?

.
Minnie's 750 motor is on Ebay.  It just a bit surplus to my long term plans, with the intention being to put the 400 motor from the SS into Minnie to allow a little 400 playing before ultimately flogging her off.

750 2V motor

I've also listed the 900 crankcases I have, which have been sitting around mocking me for the best part of 10 years I'd say.  Probably longer, now that I think about it.  I bought them to build a 944 or the like for the 851, but we all know how that turned out.

900 crankcases

I've been toying with the idea of selling the 851 too.  It has sat for over 9 years now, and I don't see a time when I can justify spending the time I need to to get it back on the road.  Given it's an '89 model it can be ridden on a club permit this year, and that was luring me to get back on it.  But it needs a full service and tyres and probably more once I get into it.  Given I never walk into the factory without a customer's bike there to work on, any time I spend on the 851 is time not charged out.  It might be more a mental issue than a monetary one, but it's still an issue.

And then there's all the 851 parts I have.

I'm sure I'd regret it, but sometimes ridding yourself of the weight of best intentions left unfilled can be amazingly refreshing.

No comments: